Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Bet You're Pretty Sick Of It Being So "Calm"

I was so good at posting regularly for a while. I loved actually managing to update. Then the semester started, and with it my hectic new routine of balancing my life between two cities, and my chances of keeping up with my little blog went all to hell.

Since the beginning of March, I've been splitting my week in two: Sunday night to Wednesday are dedicated to university life in Salzburg, Thursday to Sunday are spent in Vienna. Then there are weeks where I drive to the country with my boyfriend, visit my cousin by the lake, etc. etc. I am all over the place. And while it is all a bit chaotic and stressful, I am enjoying it. I mean, how many people get to live in two cities? And not just any cities, but two such beautiful cities.

It all does have its downsides, the biggest one being that I don't feel I spend enough time in either place, which is to be expected. The days in Salzburg are crammed full. Most of my time is spent at the university, meaning that I have almost no opportunity to explore the city or meet up with new acquaintances. The days in Vienna are split between my family, my friends, my boyfriend, university work and a whole bunch of other obligations. Needless to say, the days and weeks have simply been speeding past me.

Luckily, our spring (or Easter) break has just begun. Two and a half weeks. More than enough time to catch my breath.

Then, of course, there is also the fact that I simply haven't felt like taking pictures lately. I always seem to be in a hurry when I am out and about, and I just do not like taking pictures when I am rushed. As I've mentioned before, there are days when I could photograph everything and days when I do not see a single thing I want to point the camera at (sad, I know). However, with spring fast approaching, I am hoping that this will change very quickly.

Well, I guess that was just a very long way of saying that I am sorry for not posting much. I will do my best to improve and hope you will still stop by every couple of days.


***********************

Up next: Pictures from a visit to Schloss Hellbrunn

No comments: