Monday, May 21, 2007

I have fallen in love...

with the city of Berlin.

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in Berlin with one of my closest friends who I hadn't seen for an entire year. Not only that, but a friend of mine from Vienna happened to be in Berlin at the same time and the weather was absolutely perfect. I had been to Berlin before, about five years ago, but I was too preoccupied with other things to pay much attention to the city. This time was different. My first impression of the city was not too positive: dirty, scattered, lots of ugly buildings. Am I glad that I do not live here, I thought. However, as my time there went on, I quickly changed my mind. It became evident how full of life this city is, how much there is to discover, how it infuses me with energy. I would love to be able to spend more time there and really get to know the city. After all, what are two days? Just enough to leave me wanting more...




More pictures to come...

No comments: